What happened here, where is everyone?

This is a general discussion area. Strictly non-scam related though! Use the appropriate sections for that topic.

Moderators: HH, Saul, Sasha

Tigger
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Tigger » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:16 am

Congratulations, Lorenzo! I know you've had a long and hard path to finding that special someone. Once again, all the best!

Tigger
grysky
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by grysky » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:37 am

Congrats Lorenzo ! :D

Hmmmm, still on the Honey Moon? No follow up post.
Lorenzo
Senior Staff Writer
Senior Staff Writer

Post by Lorenzo » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:08 pm

Hi, sorry I haven't posted in a long time.
We are doing well.
Everything is fine with a few misunderstandings now and then.
My wife and her son have adjusted very well but they miss family and friends. The biggest problem is trying to explain financial things and the need for a budget. She thought I could buy everything she wanted at one time. Being a bachelor for so long and never investing in a house was a big mistake. I hope we can buy a place in 2 years and maybe move to North Carolina.
Hope everyone has a happy holiday.
Lorenzo
ChuckT
Senior Staff Writer
Senior Staff Writer

Post by ChuckT » Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:50 pm

Lol, my computer crashed...then when I reloaded it I forgot that I didn't log in here, so every time I visited I saw "no new posts," and thought the forum completely died. Lol, I just logged in and saw a load of new posts :lol:

Happy Hollidays everybody, Snovim Goddom an all that :lol:
Saul
The Editor
The Editor

Post by Saul » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:00 am

Welcome to the site Elka. Best of luck for the future. Keep us all posted on how your getting on ok :)

Lorenzo! great to hear your doing well. The "budget" thing is very common so don't worry over that one. It just takes time to adjust. This is where a lot of patience and understanding come in. There can be some big misunderstandings due to cultural differences but nothing that can't be overcome if both parties are willing to make a go of it :)

Women in the East really do not understand just how expensive it can be to live in the West. Sure we may have a higher standard of living but..boy do we pay for it!!

Anyway , keep us posted and all that :)

Good to see you alive and kicking Chuck. I can assure you the site is very much alive! I just had to increase the bandwidth again for the second time this month :)
Saul
Antiscam Admin
bassmaster
New Reader
New Reader

Engaged

Post by bassmaster » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:39 pm

I wish you the best and i hope it works out for ya both.Brother just be
careful.It is still early yet,but if you met her it could be possible.
Like i say,i give you my best PEACE to you.

Bassmaster
Joseph
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Joseph » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:20 am

wow! I just happened on this post and now would also like to pass along my own "ALL THE BEST!" to the both couples.

It does my heart very good to read these successful conclusions that started out from a long and lonely road in the beginning.

I'm sure it's an adjustment on both sides that was worth all the effort and attention it was given at the very start.

Well Wishes From INDIANA :)

(MidWest)(Tornado Alley Nov.6, 15)
Lorenzo
Senior Staff Writer
Senior Staff Writer

been a looooooooong time

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:55 pm

Wanted you to know we went for the Adjustment of Status interview on June 7 and my wife and stepson were approved on June 20.

The 2 year green cards will be received in about 3 weeks. :D

Hope everyone is doing well.
Lorenzo
ChuckT
Senior Staff Writer
Senior Staff Writer

Post by ChuckT » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:45 pm

Nice job Lorenzo :)

All the best to you and your family :)
ham
Freelance Writer
Freelance Writer

Post by ham » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:10 pm

good luck
Saul
The Editor
The Editor

Post by Saul » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:39 am

That's great news Lorenzo :)

I should be about more now the house move is out of the way :)
Saul
Antiscam Admin
Lorenzo
Senior Staff Writer
Senior Staff Writer

Post by Lorenzo » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:45 pm

Back again.
Since the adjustment my wife has been to Ukraine for one month and she and my stepson will be in Ukraine the end of December.
Some of the issues we have been having have nothing to do with her being Russian and everything to do with her having a domineering personality. Any woman can be like this anywhere.
We are working through our differences and will have been married 15 months on November 26. The green cards are almost 5 months old now.
I am actually trying to learn more about them and myself. I saw a Russian marriage therapist who put a lot of things in perspective. My wife does not believe in therapy except for crazy people so I go on the sly.
There are many good things in the marriage so I am working through the personality conflicts. I have grown a lot in this process and I hope to continue to grow. I have more gray hair too
Lorenzo
Saul
The Editor
The Editor

Post by Saul » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:52 pm

All relationships take work of course. Maybe she has a strong personality and is used to getting her own way ? I have met women like that here in the UK....my wife is not one of them I'm happy to say :) But after a couple of years here they seem to change and start to chill out a bit. It's a big adjustment....leaving your home and everything you know behind. Hopefully things will get easier with time :)
Saul
Antiscam Admin
ham
Freelance Writer
Freelance Writer

Post by ham » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:17 pm

hmm
I don't like AT ALL what i read...i wouldn't like to relate to my wife through a counsellor...
But hey...you got yourself a boat & you got to row...
Just be careful you don't waste your life fixing impending dooms, which can't be avoided...especially when serious behavioural dissonance exists...wolves might loose their fur, never their habits.