Aleksandr Karpov- Gay Russian Scammer

Yes, unfortunatly the scammers have branched out into the gay community. We are seeing a growing number of reports about scammers from the fsu who are either gay or pretending to be so, scamming gay men out of large sums of money. Please post your reports here.

Moderators: HH, Saul, Sasha, ls89104

bobbee1951
New Reader
New Reader

Aleksandr Karpov- Gay Russian Scammer

Post by bobbee1951 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:27 pm

Aleksandr Karpov
Address
Piskunova Street, 28
Gorodets, 606505
Russia
[email protected]
[email protected]
Karpov found me on Silverdaddies. After a month of emails, never on weekends because he said the internet cafe he uses is not open then, he slowly was writing love emails and how he wanted to come to America and live with me. He said he was going to use agency, Odessea, to help him get visa. After about six weeks, he said he was going to Moscow to get visa. He then informed me that the agency requires a plane fare before they will give him visa. He wanted $1900. I was suspicious and talked to both Russian and American embassies and both said this was not required and warned me I may be scammed by this guy. The American embassy in Moscow had no inforation about this guy. Dont even think he was in Moscow. Never gave me his phone. Said his parents had no phone. He then told me there was an $800 ticket to New York and would I pay for that. I told him if he wanted to come to America, I would pay for ticket but I would not send any money through Western Union. He said he had spent his parents money for a new refrigerator to get to Moscow. I kept telling him I was not sending him money. I asked for phone number and email of agency to talk to them, but the number and email, both were bogus. He claims to be 28 and works at Spektr in Gorodets, Russia.
Attachments
smile.jpg
(30.1 KiB) Downloaded 2251 times
Saul
The Editor
The Editor

Re: Aleksandr Karpov- Gay Russian Scammer

Post by Saul » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Many thanks for posting your experiences.

Glad you have the common sense to check with the embassy! So many people do not think to do this and it's a sensible precaution given that you will not have met the person. Under "normal" circumstances of course no one would send money to a complete stranger but where matters of the heart are concerned these most sensible and normal practices seem to be completely lost :(
Saul
Antiscam Admin
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Aleksandr Karpov- Gay Russian Scammer

Post by TheTruthTeller » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:58 am

Travel Scam:

This my friend is a clear travel scam. I know this to be so because I fell for this one myself awhile back with a Russian scammer. Before a scammer engages in a travel scam they usually will move very fast into telling you how much they are in love with you and that they want to be with you. It is an attempt to soften you so that you can easily give into the idea of sending them money.

I am glad that you did contact the embassy. I advise also that if the individual did in fact send you a copy of their passport later on that you also send that to the embassy for them to have a look at it as well. I did that recently with another person and the embassy told me that their passport was a complete fake and so I was able to expose a scammer through the use of the Embassy's help.

Also for Russian passports I would suggest you use this link to go to Wikipedia's page on Russian passports. There you can click the image of the passport found on Wikipedia and compare the passport that may be sent by a potential scammer with that of the official ones shown on the Wikipedia page. Please see the link below:

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_passport
:-? ;)