A Foreign Affair/loveme.com Scam Evidences

In order for any information about scammers to be useful, it needs to be brought to public attention as soon as available. That's what this section is for. Post scammers or "suspect" scammers here...before they get away with scamming someone else!

Moderators: HH, Saul, Sasha

TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

A Foreign Affair/loveme.com Scam Evidences

Post by TheTruthTeller » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:00 am

This topic will be dedicated towards evidences about A Foreign Affair/loveme.com that will show that scam practices are with this site.

I shall be adding information on this topic that will aim to show that AFA/loveme.com has indeed a scam operation going on.

For now let me say that though another antiscam site wishes to put this on some highly rated list I totally disagree with this site being on this list but more will be posted later on to expose the scam evidences with this site.
:-B :-?
Saul
The Editor
The Editor

Re: A Foreign Affair/loveme.com Scam Evidences

Post by Saul » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:59 am

Well I quite agree. If another so called "antiscam" site wants to promote AFA/loveme.com then you have to start asking questions about who is behind that site and what their motivations are.
Saul
Antiscam Admin
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by TheTruthTeller » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:47 am

Of course Saul possible sponsorship from loveme.com is perhaps a reason as to why such an "antiscam" site will put loveme.com on its so-called highly-rated list. This is why also on that very "antiscam" site loveme.com's advertising banner is prominently displayed.

There perhaps can be no doubt that there exists a direct correlation between loveme.com's advertisements appearing on that particular "antiscam" site and the fact that that "antiscam" site rates this site so highly by putting loveme.com on a special list that the site has.

This topic intends to do a post mortem on loveme.com to prove that scam activity is really going on there and is secretly being done.

Important Point: Never confuse the administrative operations of a site with client stories. A client is an outsider and one who can have a one-sided view many times and may not get a chance to know what is really going on behind the scenes. The administration which is composed of the administrative team are insiders who do know what is happening behind the scenes and can cleverly hide it from any potential or prospective or past clients.
:-B
Last edited by TheTruthTeller on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by TheTruthTeller » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:09 am

First let us classify loveme.com. Loveme.com/A Foreign Affair can be classified as a warehouse site.

A warehouse site is a site that contains a numerous amount of profiles. Warehouse sites may offer many choices but at the same time the site can become problematic in that moderators on the site cannot always manage or inspect every single profile found on the site and thus there can be times when possible scammers can be found on these sites. Also as well suspicions can also arise as to where the profiles have actually come from which may be from third-party sources who may indeed be involved in scamming activities themselves.
:-B

I have found at least one profile on loveme.com of a lady I was in correspondence with whose name was Elena who was on anastasiadate.com (which of course many should know is involved in scamming and deception in a big way). On loveme.com the age and height and profession were different to the one found on anastasiadate.com. If I found one I am sure there are more indeed like these on loveme.com's site.

Although as we know anastasiadate.com is indeed involved in major scamming one thing though they taught me via correspondence with their customer service about issues like this that at least I can say was worth something to me was that if a lady's profile was genuine and her profile is found on other places then it would Not have the general aspects on it changed but the general aspects on the profile such as age, height, and profession for example would remain the same.
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by TheTruthTeller » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Let us now continue on with another potential scam evidence. :-? :-B This comes from sitejabber.com's review of loveme.com where someone brought up the issue of women being possibly paid to correspond with men. Here we see the inside not the outside (which some have a tendency to identify) of the site potentially being exposed in its internal operations. :-B

"I am currently a member which my cancellation will be next week. Anyway, I was told by one of their female members that she is paid to get me to write emails to her, on the site, just to get me to pay money for the site. It cost me almost $25 to receive a message and send a message with photo back to her. Plus I had to spend $95 to begin membership, which I have no idea what that was for. Plus still pay $29.95 per month to be a member. And still charge me that almost $25 for emails. Robbery for the responses I received. I wrote 15 women and not one responded."
:-? :-B :ymsick: X(

Let it be noted that these are the words of an Actual User of the Site loveme.com and what they discovered all on their own. :-? :-B
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by TheTruthTeller » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:20 pm

As I continue to collect more scam evidence on A Foreign Affair and loveme.com here is another issue that some have complained about with the site and that has to do with the claims of a bogus or counterfeit letter system that some at times encounter or experience.

Here is a comment posted on the The Internet Marketing Blog about loveme.com/AFA's operations by someone on that Blog and here is what they say.
:-? :-B

Contributor: Ferraifarmer
September 10th, 2010 at 8:37 PM

"I joined A Foreign Affair earlier this year and have come to the conclusion that they are not straight-up.

In the last several months, I have only had time to contact 4 ladies on this site.
EVERY contact experience was marred with problems. So much so, I question the legitimacy of AFA’s Letter Forwarding/Receiving service and whether the actual reply letters are real. On multiple occasions, I was notified of a reply letter in my inbox. When I would open my in box and select the “new” letter and then pay for the letter, it would turn out to be bogus. It was either a duplicate of another letter already received or there would be no letter at all. Also, I would receive an email notice of a new letter and, when I check my in box, there was no new letter. On another occasion, I sent a letter to one lady that I had been corresponding with over a 3-4 month period, the contents of this particular letter was questioning certain practices of AFA. After two weeks had gone by with no reply from the lady, I checked my In Box and my Sent Box. The subject letter had disappeared! There was no trace that it had ever existed or had been sent.

Bottom-line, in the last year I have tried about 8-10 different international dating agencies and this one ranks at the bottom along with such notable, infamous sites as Chnlove.com.."

Let Me Also Add This: One must never, ever discount the negative experiences of others especially in regards to sites like these because they can certainly indeed have valid points to make and the purpose of someone sharing these points is to protect others from the negativity of what they experienced themselves.
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by TheTruthTeller » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:50 am

This topic is like a collection house that is intended to collect as much proof to show that scam activity is there to be seen with AFA/loveme.com.

I have again found more proofs that show that AFA/loveme.com is involved in internal scamming activities. These proofs come from the site known as Meeting-Russian-Women.com and here is what they speak about:

1. More On The Counterfeit Letter Sending System of AFA/loveme.com:

"...I would recommend against using most of the services of A Foreign Affair....I am sure – from first-hand experience and numerous reports from trusted friends – that many of their offices have engaged in letter-forwarding fraud (writing letters on behalf of the women without the woman's knowledge)....

I wrote "Anna" in Odessa, Ukraine from AFA's site using AFA's letter services for a while before I started suspecting that something wasn't quite right. So then I wrote her through another letter-forwarding service whose reliability is 100% sure (the letter-forwarding manager is a personal friend) and she didn't write back. Then I wrote her through another highly reputed agency's letter-forwarding services... she didn't write back. Then I wrote her through AFA again, and sure enough, she wrote back immediately, and was unaware of my many other attempts to reach her. John Adams, one of the three owners – and apparently the main operational manager – offered to comp me for ONE fraudulent letter. There were 19 letters total one way or the other. That's about $7/each x 18 letters = $126.

....When you consider that such practices are very widespread it is a real big problem....In addition to Anna, I wrote quite a few other girls in Russia and Ukraine using AFA's letter services that I strongly suspect were fraudulent, but didn't independently confirm my suspicions...I had some seriously suspicious correspondence in other parts of Ukraine and Russia that I didn't bother to confirm by writing through other means. It was largely through these experiences that I came to so distrust letter forwarding services, especially those of A Foreign Affair."

2. Questionable Profiles: Questionable profiles are those that are suspicious in their content. For one thing it is to be noted that profiles on AFA/loveme.com do have issues in regards to being silent about age preferences that a particular lady wants or desires. The site known as Meeting-Russian-Women.com has one possible reason why there is this silence in regards to age preferences on AFA/loveme.com's profiles and I again quote part of what the site says:

"Why do almost no women on A Foreign Affair's website state the age range for the men they seek? Most sites have a field for a woman's age preferences, and in some cases a girl may enter a preferred age range in this field then even reiterate that preference in her text description of the men she prefers. Is it just the case that women on AFA's site do not care about a man's age?

I think the reason for this is somewhat obvious. If AFA allowed women to state their age range preferences, or REQUIRED that they state this preference, they would lose a lot of business from really old guys who think they can score with a 19 year old super hottie...

....AFA would have you believe that in Russia and Ukraine women don't care at all about a man's age so that they can maximize profit by selling an illusion."

Besides the profit making issue as noted in the above quote there are several other issues at work here:

A. There is cause to show that profiles are being tailored by the administration of the site and may not have the direct involvement of the lady herself per se.

B. There is cause to show that the tailoring of these profiles is definitely NOT intended for the client's benefit but for the benefit of the site alone as a whole.

C. There is cause to show that just as the profiles on AFA/loveme.com can be tailored then the letters that one gets as a response from profiles like these on the site can also be potentially tailored as well just the same.
:-? :-B :ymsick:
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by TheTruthTeller » Thu May 10, 2012 4:08 am

A very interesting piece of information has come to me concerning further evidence about the scam ways of AFA/loveme.com. It comes from the comments section of the site known as the complaintsboard and I quote from there: :-? :-B

"22nd of Jul, 2011 by loveme scam

Floriane (111194)

My name is Mark and I’m from Ofallon, MO. USA.

You think loveme.com or A Foreign Affair is not a scam? Read this.

I thought you might like to know a about that site and how they set me up with a 16 year old child.

I’ve been using AFA for many years and have spent thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars. I started chatting with a girl last year, 2010, and she said her name was Floriane, a 20 years old girl from the Philippines. After months and months of online chatting through AFA I decided to fly to the Philippines and visit her. On my third trip and almost $10, 000 later I became good friends with her family. It was on the last trip I found out the truth.

After a family member confessed while profusely crying, she told me Floriane was never the one corresponding with me from AFA it was the agency’s staff (AFA) that was writing all the letters to me. Floriane never even knew I existed until a short time before I decided to go there. AND to make things worse Floriane was only 16 year old, now only 17 and I’m in my 40’s, she was suppose to be 20. I flew half way around the world to a third world county unaware I was meeting a child, I could have been thrown in prison over there, one attorney I’ve spoken with suggested that may be considered child trafficking.

While I was in the office of Loveme.com/AFA in Cebu City, Philippines, I was told by the AFA staff that Floriane was a very popular girl, meaning at $9.99 for every email a guy sends AND $9.99 for every email received, their making a lot of money from scamming people like me. Of course I have proof of all this.

Now I’m going public with my story. I’m going to write each and every one of the news agencies (over 100 they claim) and every other well known TV agency not listed on AFA and tell them my story and I’m going to keep sending this letter out until someone does a story on the real truths behind the over seas dating scam sites like loveme.

I did talk to the owner John Adams personally and of course he said he is very concerned about this and didn’t know she was 16, AND sometimes the agency DOES send letters on the girls behalf but the girl knows about that, which is all bullshit. First of all, it’s costing me $9.99 to speak to their staff? No one told me I was speaking to the staff…

Well I knew within the first half hour of meeting Floriane that something was wrong because she didn’t even know anything about me. The things we have been talking about for the last 6 months she couldn’t remember, why? Because she didn’t know me. She told me personally she never knew me or wrote one litter to me the staff was doing it all so the company could make $9.99 a pop off me.

But John Adams was so nice to me on the phone, he even offered to give me all my money back that I spent talking to Floriane Which was about $700 in letters but he didn’t feel he should pay back the airfare and hotel expenses I paid going back and forth on 3 occasions because of his scam site. Now why would he pay back the $700? Was he trying to be nice? HELL NO he knows all I have to do is call my credit card company and dispute the charges and he will be forced to give back the money and that don’t look good for his site. AND you know what? it looks like that’s what I’m going to have to do because to this day they have not sent one red cent to me.

So all you people on this blog that says AFA/loveme is not a scam your either working for the site or you got lucky and met a legitimate girl. My advise, NEVER SEND MONEY TO A GIRL OR A SITE UNLESS YOU CAN PHYSICALLY SEE HER ON A CAM AND EXCHANGE PERSONAL INFO. And if you have to pay to see your girl on cam you know your being scammed.

John Adams, you know your site scammed me and is scamming people, you lied to me about sending my $700 back. You keep it, I’ll get it back through the credit card companies BUT I’m going to be a thorn in your ass for a long time just for the fact you lied to me.

Also, I never want anyone else to feel the pain I felt because of this this scam site. So I’m going to flood the internet with the truth.

Just for the record, I was also scammed about 5 years ago by a girl from this site. It turned out she was scamming people and I was just about to fly over to Ukraine to meet her when I found out. I already paid my $4000+ to AFA for the social I was going to attend, they did refund about $1200 of the $4000, their so fair!

The fact is, about 95% of the guys talking to these girls never go to meet them, they just keep paying the $9.99 a letter on a hope one day they will go there. The other 5% that do go, 3% get fooled and never know they where scammed and leave there thinking it just didn’t workout with the girl and the other 2% really do find love. It’s a very expensive and time consuming gamble.

A big red flag is, you can NEVER exchange personal info and you cant physically talk on live video. They do everything they can to keep you from physical contact to keep you on the hook. Use your common sense people. This is the most expensive site out there and your being scammed, still don’t believe me? Keep paying like I did, you’ll find out just like I did or you’ll just run out of money....

....Here is the girls name and AFA number. Floriane (111194)

I’m told she is a very popular girl, I hope your not one of the guys that was scammed. But I’m sure if you were, your refund is in the mail."

As I said this topic will be a collection house of evidence exposing the scam ways of AFA/loveme.com and the evidence indeed keeps piling on up it seems. :-?
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by TheTruthTeller » Thu May 10, 2012 4:30 am

Further Proof: Scam Link Between Anastasia International and AFA/loveme.com: L-)

Here is further proof that I was correct in stating that there are many ladies that are found on loveme.com that are from Anastasia International.

On the site known as stop-scammers.com one of the commentators exposed this fact and I quote a portion of his comments that prove this and though they go back several years they are STILL valid:

"Author: scambuster, Posted - Jul 19 2007 : 13:46:39

"....Just so you know as many girls from Anastasia are there on AFA if you do a search and many times with same pics and more, but no good that they are not responding. It makes you wonder."

This does not make me wonder at all but confirms for me that there is in fact a scam link between AFA/loveme.com and Anastasia International and its scam ways.
:ymsick:
Saul
The Editor
The Editor

Post by Saul » Thu May 10, 2012 10:34 am

I am in no doubt at all that there are indeed scams going on with AFA, LoveMe.com and Anastasia International but pinpointing who exactly is involved is the problem. You could conclude that since these agencies seem to be in denial about what is going on that somehow the agency owners and staff are involved but, that would be pure conjecture. What ever is going on, if it were me, I would stay well away from these sites!
Saul
Antiscam Admin
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by TheTruthTeller » Thu May 10, 2012 8:15 pm

The Give And Take Scenario: :-? :-B

You are 100% right on target Saul with what you are saying. The evidence is indeed overwhelming. I also cannot believe that some "antiscam site" out there after all this evidence is going to STILL give good reviews for AFA/loveme.com. It boggles the mind. :-o

Now then if there is evidence to show that AFA/loveme.com is involved in scam activity then why are there STILL some who present "OTHER" reviews?

Answers:

1. Many confuse the Tours of AFA/loveme.com with the actual 100% Truth of what is really going on inside of AFA/loveme.com. This is the same with Anastasia International.

2. Both Anastasia International and AFA/loveme.com operate with a give and take system. This give and take system goes like this. In some cases they will give someone the opportunity to meet the lady in question. Now to the person who gets the opportunity they will think that these sites are "good" when in fact it was simply a setup by the company itself to distract from what really is going on with them internally in their operations.

In other cases they will take from someone the opportunity to meet the lady. When this person complains about this the person who has been distracted from the internal crooked operations of these sites and claims that these sites are "good" will attempt to attack or contradict those who have legitimately complained about the crooked ways of the site.

However thankfully there are more complaints that outweigh the distracted minds of those who would indeed say otherwise
:-?
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by TheTruthTeller » Mon May 21, 2012 5:38 am

What About Tours And Socials At Times?

Although I originally spoke about not being confused between the tours/socials that are outside the site and what takes place within the site it seems that even the tours can have a suspicion of scam in them. Below is the proof that comes from the site known as no1reviews.com and I have posted the more relevant parts of the comments about AFA/loveme.com's tours/socials below to expose what can indeed take place with the services from the site:

"The Real Truth about This Agency!
19 January 2011
Reviewer: Mark from Seattle

I will inform you of my trip using AFA. I am 31 years old and I went on a marriage tour with these guys. look...yes ..they do set up socials but the quality of women that show up to their socials are not the type that have profiles on the website.

Social #1 Odessa - The girls that showed up were there for drinks and prizes (they offer these if the girls stay to the end of the socials)....

Socail #2 Nicolaev - ...the girls were not that attractive...

Social #3 Kherson - The worst...girls left at the very beginning and not many girls showed up. The girls that stayed were looking to scam poor, old men.

The truth....I learned from my trip that it is a huge game. The girls know that the men that will show up will all be 45 and above (old men) (I'm 31 and I was one of the younger ones) That said...most of the girls just try and scam out the old men...that's the truth.

...the whole thing has turned into a scam...stealing money from 45 and older men...Sorry but that's the truth."

Again this is an actual user of the services of loveme.com/AFA who has commented above. :-? B-)
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by TheTruthTeller » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:08 am

One of the aspects of A Foreign Affair or loveme.com is that they now and again will send spam or junk E-mails like this one found below: :ymsick:

To: XXXX
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 3:47 PM
Subject: San Diego-Phoenix Singles Tour Seminars - Aug 4th & 11th
Please allow remote images. If image/message below does not display click here to view message in your browser.
2 FREE Singles Tour Seminars - Saturday August 4th & 11th
Opportunity At Your Door! RSVP HERE!
© - 7227 N. 16th Street, Phoenix, AZ (602) 553-8178 Tours Ext: 207
*This is a requested, opt-in subscription email. Your privacy is important to us.
If you wish to be removed as a subscriber, please click here

TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by TheTruthTeller » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Here is another spam-E-mail from A Foreign Affair/loveme.com as well: L-)

To: XXXX
Sent: Saturday, March 5, 2011 1:02 AM
Subject: 50th Live Show Anniversary March 10th - You Can Win Big!
Please allow remote images. If image/message below does not display click here to view message in your browser.
A Foreign Affair Update: 50th Live Show Anniversary March 10th - You Can Win Big!
Also, DON'T FORGET HER on WOMEN'S DAY March 8th: Check out your Gift Options Here...
© A Foreign Affair - 7227 N. 16th Street, Phoenix, AZ (602) 553-8178 Tours Ext: 207
*This is a requested, opt-in subscription email. Your privacy is important to us.
If you wish to be removed as a subscriber, please click here