Shawn Michaels, Ghana scammer

Unfortunatly there are men out there who think they can get away with using and abusing women. Wrong! We'll Name and Shame them here.

Moderators: HH, Saul, Sasha

Lessonlearned2012
New Reader
New Reader

Shawn Michaels, Ghana scammer

Post by Lessonlearned2012 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Shawn Michaels - [email protected]

Shawn claims to be a 41 years US citizen who traveled to Ghana on business, and ran into some tough times. He got in accident, was kidnapped, thrown in jail and his daughter was raped. With all of this he refused to go to the American Embassy. He went to Ghana on business to buy gold, because he designs custom jewelry. He always states that he will pay the money back.

Height: 5'10
Born in: Italy
Living in: North Carolina

Has profiles on: Facebook (3), Netlog, BBWcupid, Irish Times, Datehookup and Yahoo!

Current Profile:

lil2340 updated! Last Online: Last week
Single Men Fremont, California, CA, Black Hair, Blue Eyes

Zip Code: 94539
Height: 5 ft. 9 in.
Hair, Eyes: Black, Blue
Body: Average
Ethnicity: White
Religion: Christian
Politics: Liberal
Education: Associate's Degree
Income: Didn't Say
Job: Self-Employed
Smoke: Don't Smoke
Has Kids: Yes, living with me
Meet Me Free Wink Free Add Friend Add Favorite

About Me
I am a single dad of a 14 years old daughter.Well i work as a jewellery designer,Been doing that all my life..I dont know what you wish to know about me..I I am a very easy going man with a good sense of humor, . I’m Young at heart, energetic, fun loving - that’s me. I enjoy the outdoors - biking, running, hiking, traveling, laughing, being silly, exploring new things.. I’m also comfortable staying at home reading or watching good movies..i love cuddle and snuggle...There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved by someone special, romantic, caring , passionate, honest and kind...I am a sincere man with a down to earth personality, and an established career..love swimming , football, NASCAR, motor cross racing, motorcycle touring, fishing, firing range and paint ball adventures..Looking for that special woman i could treat like a queen and make her happy for the rest of eternity ...someone who can be straight forward and honest, I’m not looking for a "one night stand"!!! that special woman has to have the time to spend with someone who they like and care about.. I’m looking for that independent woman that want to start a new life with me and move the mountain together with me...Are you ready to move the mountain with me

Want To Find: A woman ages 39 to 50 to date
Interests: Didn't Say
Attachments
(2.59 KiB) Downloaded 4049 times
shawn.jpg
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Shawn Michaels, Ghana scammer

Post by TheTruthTeller » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:13 am

Question: :-?

The story given above of what you have posted about concerning this individual is interesting and follows the same pattern as that of Nigerian scammers who steal pictures from other places and pretend to be those they are not. Facebook is in fact one of these places and perhaps Facebook needs to start watermarking photos that are submitted on the site to prevent this.

I have seen in my experience some women fall for these scammers because of the good looking person that is found in the picture that the scammer uses since women themselves may be looks-challenged in that they are seeking for someone that they might term as "cute" or "hot" and women like these become the favorite prey of these scammers. Other women fall for the polite charms of the scammer that the scammer uses in his communication with them. These are indeed all good points to know and only goes to show that not all that glitters is in fact truly gold. :-?

However I have a question for you: Did this individual at any time ask you for money? I am indeed very curious to know
:-?
Lessonlearned2012
New Reader
New Reader

Post by Lessonlearned2012 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Yes, and I sent money. Funny thing was it wasnt his picture that "lured me in". He was kind, interested in me. Called my mother (who is dying of cancer). For a long time he seemed very real. I know that is part of the game. This is a very long and embarrasing tale. My only concern with coming here is that other women that he might pray on, not be the victim that I am today. I dont blame anyone but myself, but I think its important that it doesnt happen again.
Lessonlearned2012
New Reader
New Reader

Post by Lessonlearned2012 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Because Ive stopped sending money, and have blocked him. This was sent to friend of mine (and yes they have now blocked him too).

YOU ARE A BIG FOOL AND I WANT BOTH OF YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU BETTER ENJOY YOUR LAST DAYS ON EARTH BECAUSE THEY COMING FOR HER AND IF THEY SEE YOU I WILL PERSONAL PUT A BULLET THROUGH YOUR FXXXEN SKULL.
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by TheTruthTeller » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:14 pm

I understand:

I understand where you are coming from but some women do fall for the looks of the pictures that they see in front of them. However, I also have been the victim of scammers as well and I too know the feeling because I am sure you will agree that it is in fact a most horrible experience to go through but here is what you can do:

1. Don't blame yourself. Yes we know that blame and guilt can be placed somewhere but this is not a positive response to the situation. You need now to find a positive response to the situation. Think constructively and part of posting about this scammer is in fact thinking constructively. Trust me guilt never helps in thinking constructive.

2. Report the individual to the authorities. I would start first with the FBI and the United States Embassy.

3. I too have communicated with Nigerian scammers and I would not worry about their threats unless perhaps they got a hold of your personal contact details. Even so I do not think that a Nigerian scammer is going to spend thousands of dollars on airfare and waste time to track down someone when they can go on to another victim. In my opinion I would advise you to consider these threats empty and hollow and totally absurd.

4. As I have told others in the past please post ALL the information that you can on the forum about this scammer and trust me it does indeed help. Plus we are always appreciative of ALL that anyone constructively shares on the forum as a whole.
:-w
Lessonlearned2012
New Reader
New Reader

Post by Lessonlearned2012 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:29 pm

This scammer, is now posting around the web that I scammed him. He is saying we have met in person, and that is just not true. I feel like Im being victimized for a second time.
Lessonlearned2012
New Reader
New Reader

Post by Lessonlearned2012 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:39 pm

I know Im right, but now Im starting to regret saying what happened to me. It's like he is winning all over again.
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by TheTruthTeller » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:21 pm

Advice: ;)

I have seen this before here on the forum already since we did have a scammer who did this in the past. To counter any so-called "claims" from the scammer please post ALL the information from him that you have gathered. In that way he will not have any defense when it comes to his claims. Any posting of any personal information that the scammer has posted will be taken care of on the forum. Remember we are anti-scam which means we are anti-scammers as well.

I would also suggest that you be careful where you post. Some sites do not remove reports but they also do not remove rebuttals as well.

I think I will be posting what you can do about Facebook to protect your privacy as well. For one thing you can change your settings so that only your friends can access your profile or profile pictures and no one else.

Why have any regret? Are you a criminal or an innocent victim? If you are an innocent victim then your innocence through your evidence will prevail and in the light of any evidence the guilt of any scammer will always be seen so please post as much evidence that you have available to post.
Lessonlearned2012
New Reader
New Reader

Post by Lessonlearned2012 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:39 pm

Thank you again. I have asked the one site to remove my personal information.

Luckily, I dont have a facebook profile. I just thought getting the information out there would protect others from my fate.
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by TheTruthTeller » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:08 am

Agreed:

I agree with you but scammers will always try to retaliate when they do not want to be exposed. It is normal for them to do such at times. They know that exposure has the potential to bring an end to their scamming activities and ways and because of this they will try to counteract this.

No matter just by way of exposing them means that they are already paying for their crimes. You are simply sowing a seed that will lead later on to their eventual downfall.
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by TheTruthTeller » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:32 pm

The Electronic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) of Nigeria :-?

This is the place that you will need to go to so as to report a case with a Nigerian scammer and here is some information about this place that is found below:

"Mission Statement

The EFCC will curb the menace of the corruption that constitutes the cog in the wheel of progress; protect national and foreign investments in the country; imbue the spirit of hard work in the citizenry and discourage ill gotten wealth; identify illegally acquired wealth and confiscate it; build an upright workforce in both public and private sectors of the economy and; contribute to the global war against financial crimes.

Head Office
No. 5, Fomella Street, Off Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent,
Wuse II, Abuja, Nigeria.

Legal Unit:
No. 1, Ibrahim Taiwo Road, Aso Rock - Villa,
PMB 166 FCT Abuja.

Telephones:
+234 (0) 4604613
+234 (0) 4604614
+234 (0) 4604620

E-mail: [email protected]

Operations

Have you been Scammed /defrauded?

The most common way of accepting cases by EFCC is through a petition written by an individual or organization. The petition will be evaluated and if the case falls within the purview of the commission's mandate, it will be accepted for investigation and possibly prosecution. Petitions that do not fall within the purview of the commission are sent to the appropriate agency, be it the Nigeria Police Force, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), etc. Members of the public can also send complaints electronically to the commission email address: [email protected] .

The commission has had complaints and also investigated cases where fraudsters impersonated the EFCC Chairman and other employees of commission in order to defraud them. The public should be aware that EFCC does not collect money to receive petitions and does not charge fee from victims to investigate their cases. Emails messages not emanating from our domain (i.e. bearing @efccnigeria.org) should be verified.

The Operations unit is the investigative arm of the EFCC headed by the Director of Operations.

Please also see this link as well for the site: http://www.efccnigeria.org/index.html "
Lessonlearned2012
New Reader
New Reader

Post by Lessonlearned2012 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Great information, is this the same if they are in Ghana?
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by TheTruthTeller » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:54 am

Information:

Nigerian scammers are known to use different locations in their letters even referring to places such as the Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Rwanda, Kenya, and also Ghana in their letters as well as Nigeria. Therefore just because a scammer says that they are from Ghana does not always mean that they are from Ghana necessarily. I have encountered letters where some Nigerian scammers have even claimed to come from Russia, Malaysia and the Philippines. However, I will be posting as well concerning who to contact in Ghana to help you with your scammer issue as well because scammers are known to come from Ghana also.

If you look through the topic of investment scams that I created on this forum you will see several examples of what I am referring to where Nigerian scammers are using different locations in their letters to disguise their actual true location. Please see the link: http://www.antiscam.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1513
TheTruthTeller
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by TheTruthTeller » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:32 am

The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) :-?

Here is another place you can also contact as well and here is more about them as well:

"The ICPC is the apex body saddled by the law with the responsibility to fight corruption and other related offences in Nigeria. It was set up and empowered by the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act 2000.

Mission Statement

To employ all available legal means to rid Nigeria of all forms of corruption and thus promote transparency, probity, accountability and integrity in the public and private life of all Nigerians.

Vision Statement

To be the foremost "agent of change" in the war against corruption and other related offences in the polity and thereby restore Nigeria to the enviable status of respectable, dignity and honour within he comity of nations.

Quick Contacts

Abuja Office - Headquarters
Plot 802 Constitution Avenue, Central District, PMB 535, Garki Abuja Nigeria. Phone/Fax: 234 9 523 8810
Email: [email protected] "